Cannabis Trade Association UK
YourHemp had no hesitation when joining the CTA as we want to operate at the highest standards with full transparency and legitimacy. We are proud members of the CTA, our customers and staff’s health and wellbeing are the most important thing to the business and being a CTA member not only establishes that but also brining you the highest quality and safest CBD products.
The Cannabis Trade Association UK or the CTA is the UKs only centric trade association working with all sectors of the hemp and cannabis industry. Their focus is to promote good practice, provide practical advice and ensuring consumers of legal cannabis and hemp products have access to information provided first hand from the government.
The CTA work closely with the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) and the FSA (Food Standards Agency). Ensuring any member follow the official guidance given by both authorities.
They ensure each member follows government establish legislation to safeguard the industry has proper and effective guidance.
Regulatory Framework & Rules for Association Members
• To uphold the tenets and integrity of the Association, to maintain a professional and reputable business always in line with running a legal and responsible business model.
• Never knowingly engage in activities likely to bring the legal cannabis and hemp trade sector into disrepute.
• Hold valid and appropriate insurances in respect of public and employers’ liability and any other required insurances.
• Respect Intellectual Property and legal commercial agreements, including Trade Marks, Patents, Licences, Goodwill, and Distribution Agreements.
• Keep records of adverse effects and incidents involving any products you have manufactured, imported, or sold and where necessary notify the relevant authorities.
• Provide suitable warranties and guarantees consistent with prevailing consumer and sector related legislation.
• Take a positive and responsible attitude towards product information and latest information as it becomes available.
• Never knowingly sell or misrepresent counterfeit or substandard products.
• Ensure that all reasonable efforts are made to abide by the laws and regulations governing the manufacture, import, distribution, and sale of CBD products.
• To never knowingly sell CBD products to anyone under the age of 18, anyone purchasing on the behalf of an under 18 must be aware that products sold as food supplements, traditional herbal remedies or products with marketing authority have stipulated recommended doses.
• Ensure all products meet the labelling criteria the Association requires and clearly states recommended dosage instructions.
• Promote the responsible usage of cannabis derived products.
• Promote and where responsible, the membership benefits of the Association.
• Report to the Association any products or sellers that may cause damage, harm or bring disrepute onto the industry.
• Ensure that all sellers of branded products adhere to the rules of the Association.
• Allow any authorised member to request samples for testing at your own expense with an authorised testing facility.
• To provide samples for routine testing at suitable periods and to ensure those records are kept up to date.
• Inform the Association of any changes in product line up and to ensure labs are in place before offering for sale.
• To reasonably ensure lab reports are available for all products and available on request to the public.
Cannabis Trades Mission
The Association founders came together to create a body to eliminate bad practice in the market and to ensure that member businesses continue to trade legally and ethically in the Hemp and CBD market. We up until now have focused on the growing CBD market, but our reach includes hemp and hemp products which are after all legal definitions of the same plant, Cannabis.
Our members agree to uphold standards based around the ethos of fair and transparent trading conditions ensuring members of the public know who they are dealing with, displaying correct and proper business information, ensuring they trade legally with respect to insurances and registration and above all fairness. No member of the Association will make medical claims nor provide medical or medicinal advice. Lastly no member will slander or denigrate another members’ business.
They are a group of likeminded and honest business men and women who believe that Hemp and Cannabis products have the power to revolutionise modern life. Above all else our work is to change perceptions based around decades of misinformation and prejudice.
The future of the CTA and what it means for YourHemp
‘Go to’ resource for the public as well as the UK governmental and enforcement agencies, ensuring our members supply safe, legal and above all quality products from the UK. This is exciting and promising news for all YourHemp customers as being a valued member of the CTA and with their close relationships with the FSA, MHRA, Government and enforcement agencies, following their guidelines are what’s keeping all CBD products safe and legal.
You can view our authenticity on the Cannabis Trades Association UK